How frustrating can it be not to be able to smile at a joke or open your teeth to make a speech at a special gathering? Or the frustration of not being able to smile and talk to that special someone or be able to get the smile that most celebrities often exhibit on the red carpet just because of your misaligned, misshape and yellowish teeth?
Trust me, it can be so frustrating and annoying until you decide to find a solution, and the best solution is the veneer process.
Just hearing about the veneers process and would like to pass through the process? Below are facts you need to know about the veneers process. But first, let’s take a look at what veneers are.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are considered by many experts to be the surest method to assist you in acquiring the appearance you so much wanted. Dental veneers are the most effective method for those with chipped teeth, a gap between teeth, or misshapen teeth.
Dental veneers are thin covers that get joined to the teeth to give the teeth a more beautifully shaped look. Book an appointment with your dentist to know which method suits your teeth.
Types Of Veneers
The most effective dental correction method, Veneers, is known to consist of two major types: porcelain or composite resin material. And both methods, when used, will surely have a positive impact on the teeth.
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell purposely produced to fit the tooth. Advantages of porcelain veneers include:
- they are strong and long-lasting
- they have natural-looking surfaces
- they don’t easily get dirty
How To Use Porcelain Veneers:
- The dentist often displaces a little size of enamel from the front and sides of the teeth. This creates space so that the veneers can appear all-natural.
- The dentist then creates a model of the prepared teeth. The dentist is also the perfect candidate for choosing the perfect veneers shade that will best fit your teeth.
- The model is then sent to a dental lab that eventually manufactures the porcelain veneers to fit your teeth. But note that this process might take a few days. The dentist may then provide you with temporary veneers to use in the meantime.
- At the next appointment, the dentist inserts the veneers on the teeth to see the fit and shape. And after any mistake might have been corrected, the dentist will then prepare the teeth, and the veneers are joined to the tooth.
Composite Resin Veneers
A composite resin veneer is made from a tooth-colored filling material bonded to the tooth.
Benefits Of Composite Resin Veneers:
It normally requires less tooth enamel to be removed than for crowns or porcelain veneers and may mean not frequent appointments with the dentist. Sometimes, composite resin veneers require only one appointment with the dentist, and the Cost is lower compared to porcelain.
Composite resin veneers are easy to repair if they get spoilt. Though composite resin veneers are known not to be as strong or wear-resistant as porcelain veneers, composite veneers can be repaired easily and quickly.
Steps To Place Composite Resin Veneers:
- After the teeth are prepared or reshaped, the dentist carefully bonds and sculpts the composite material using the best color for you.
- A special light is used to strengthen the composite resin veneers and glue them to your teeth.
- The veneers are carved and polished, which makes them look like natural teeth.
Things You Must Take Note of Before Going Through the Veneers Process.
- Your teeth and gums must be in good condition before proceeding. Your dentist can treat any disease or dental issues before inserting your veneers.
- Veneers seem not to be a recommended option for patients who clench or grind their teeth because the thin veneers may chip or break.
- It is normal for veneers to get loosen as time goes by. In that case, new ones might be required. Regarding your dental care, discuss all your plans and treatment options with your dentist. Frequent dentist appointments are compulsory for keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
Things You Need to Take Note of After You Get Veneers
- Veneers can chip or dismantle under pressure. Avoid biting your fingernails and chewing on hard objects like pencils or ice.
- It may take you a few days to get accustomed to the feel of your veneers. But make sure to let your dentist know if your bite is irregular right after the veneers have been placed. He or she will amend it before you leave the office.
- Make sure to clean your teeth and gums by brushing and flossing daily. You can still get cavities under or around veneers.
The majority of the celebrities that you often envy for their white teeth and smile have once passed through the veneer process at a point in their life hence the confidence to smile at the camera at any given time.
Veneer treatment has proven to be one of the most reliable and safest treatments for misshapen, misaligned and yellowish teeth, even for some of your favorite celebrities, and if they can go through the veneers process, what is stopping you then?