Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main) is a national level examination which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JoSAA Counselling 2020 is ongoing now. Even though the number of aspirants who appeared in the September session dipped to 6.35 lakhs. Come 2021; there can be a lot more competition in this exam. Hence, a JEE Main 2020 paper analysis can help students to prepare nicely. Through the Paper Analysis, candidates will get an idea of the overview of the exam, difficulty level of each paper, types of questions asked, exam pattern and students review. Scroll down to know about the paper analysis of JEE Main 2020
JEE Main 2020: Shift-wise Paper Analysis
Mentioned below are in-depth information about JEE Main 2020 paper analysis shift-wise.
JEE Main 2020 – September 6 (Morning Shift)
- In the Physics section of the JEE Main 2020 exam, most of the numerical questions were asked from the syllabus of 11th standard and most of the theoretical questions were asked from 12th standard. Questions were asked from the topic – Optics, Modern Physics, Electrostatics, Magnetism, Thermodynamics etc.
- In the Chemistry section of the JEE Main examination 2020, questions were asked from Chemical Bonding, Coordination Compound, Physical Chemistry, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry.
- In the Mathematics section, questions were asked from Calculus, Trigonometry, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, 3D. Question asked from 3D was very tough.
|Subject||MCQ Questions||Numerical Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Chemistry||20||5||Easy to Moderate|
- The overall difficulty of the JEE Main 2020 exam is Moderate to Difficult.
- Mathematics questions were difficult and lengthy. In the Mathematics section, questions were asked from Vectors, 3d, Coordinate Geometry, Algebra, Differentiation, Calculus etc.
- The Physics questions were difficult and tricky.
- Chemistry was easy. Organic section has tough questions whereas questions from the inorganic section were easy.
JEE Main 2020 Paper Analysis – September 5 (Morning Shift)
- The overall difficulty level of the JEE Main 2020 exam was difficult.
- Chemistry section was easy. Most of the questions were based on theory. Some of the questions were tricky.
- Physics section was moderate to difficult. Few questions were tricky. Numerical questions were asked from the syllabus of class 11.
- Mathematics paper was lengthy and time-consuming.
- The overall difficulty level of the exam was moderate to difficult.
- In the Physics section, questions were difficult and tricky.
- Mathematics section was moderate.
- Chemistry was easy compared to Physics and Mathematics.
September 4 (Morning Shift)
- The overall difficulty level of the JEE Main 2020 exam was easy to moderate.
- Chemistry section was easy. Most of the questions were asked from NCERT.
- Mathematics and Physics had tricky questions.
- Questions asked in Mathematics were time-consuming.
- According to some of the students, the question paper was lengthy but easy as compared to the January session.
- The chemistry was easy, but Mathematics was a bit tough.
- Physics section was moderate. Most of the questions were directly asked from NCERT.
JEE Main Paper Analysis: September 3 (Morning Shift)
- The overall difficulty of the exam was moderate.
- Physics section was difficult for most of the students.
- The Mathematics section was easy to moderate while Chemistry was easy.
- In the chemistry section, topics from chemical bonding and coordination compounds had high weightage.
- The overall difficulty of the exam was moderate.
- Physics section was the toughest due to tricky questions.
- In the Chemistry section, most of the questions were asked from NCERT. The Chemistry section proved to be the most relieving section.
- The difficulty level of the Mathematics section was moderate to tough.
JEE Main Paper Analysis: September 2 (Morning Shift)
- In terms of difficulty level, the JEE Main exam 2020 was moderate.
- In Physics, most of the questions were numerical questions. Physics was the toughest section.
- Some of the students found the Mathematics was a bit tough, and some found it moderate. Questions asked from the topic were Complex numbers, Sequence and Series, Calculus, Integration etc.
- In the Chemistry section, most of the questions were asked from Organic Chemistry, and few questions were directly asked from NCERT.
- Most of the questions asked were from the syllabus of 12th standard.
- The afternoon shift of the JEE Main 2020 September Exam was moderately difficult.
- Physics was the toughest, and most of the questions were based on numerical problems.
- The Chemistry was easy, and Mathematics was moderately difficult.
- In the Physics section, most of the questions were asked from the syllabus of 12th standard.
JEE Main 2020 Paper Analysis: September 1 (Morning Shift)
- Except for Mathematics, The difficulty level of all sections was moderate.
- The Drawing and Aptitude section was easy for BArch.
- There were five questions on numerical values.
- Drawing section was moderate in terms of difficulty level. Most of the questions were based on views in pictures, odd figures.
- The General Aptitude section was easier, which was based on various figures.
- As compared to all the sections, Mathematics was difficult.
- Overall the paper 2 was moderate.
- For BArch, the Mathematics section was a bit difficult. Questions were asked from Integration, area bound, differentiation etc.
- Among all the sections, drawing sections was easier.
- General Aptitude section was also comparatively easier.
- For B. Planning the Mathematics section was tricky.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 Analysis: January Session
- Mathematics section was difficult as compared to Physics and Chemistry.
- In the Mathematics section, three questions were asked from Vector 3d, Function, Binomial, Conic Section.
- Two questions were asked from Integration and one question from Probability.
- Physics section was moderate. Questions from Heat And Thermo, Modern Physics, Optics, Wave Optics, Logic-based Questions, Numerical Based Questions etc.
- Chemistry section was easy. Questions from Organic and Inorganic Chemistry were asked in equal weightage. Most of the questions were from NCERT.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Analysis
Students who appeared for the JEE Main 2020 January session found paper 1 was easy as compared to the last year. In terms of difficulty level, Paper 2 was easy to moderate. Paper 2 consists of three sections-Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours. The Mathematics section had a total of 25 questions while the Aptitude and Drawing section had 50 and 2 questions, respectively.
- The difficulty level of the JEE Main 2020 exam was moderate.
- Mathematics was of average difficulty, and most of the questions were asked from syllabus of 11th standard.
- In Mathematics sections, questions were asked from co-ordinate Geometry and sets of Probability. Questions from the Mathematics sections were not tough but tricky.
- The General Aptitude section had questions on mental ability, and few questions were from theories.
- Numerical value questions were not very tough.
- Drawing section had landscape related questions. Students had to draw gymnasts and then use cylinders to make a composition.
- The JEE Main 2020 exam was of moderate difficulty for the students who attempted the exam.
- Mathematics section was tough.
- There were four numerical questions.
- In the drawing section, there were questions like drawing of portraits and aesthetic values of equilateral triangles.
- In the aptitude sections, questions were mainly based on designs.
The preparation tips of JEE Main Examination are discussed in the below points:
- Know the exam pattern – It is one of the important preparation tips for securing good marks in JEE Main. Exam pattern includes marking scheme, types of question, duration of exam etc. Candidates should understand the exam pattern before appearing for the examination.
- Understand the syllabus properly – Before appearing for JEE Main, candidates should know the syllabus thoroughly.
- Attempt mock test and solve previous year question pattern: To crack the examination, the candidate should attempt the mock test and solve as many as question papers of the previous year which will help them in obtaining good marks.
- Selection of books: For better preparation and securing good marks in JEE Main examination, the right selection of books is very important.
- Follow a proper time-table: Maintaining or following a proper time-table daily is very important to crack the examination.
It can be said the paper analysis of JEE Main 2020 is very important for better preparation of examination in future. Students will get an idea about the levels of difficulty in the various topics and subjects. Accordingly, they will be able to strategize their preparation. We wish the successful aspirants who have appeared for the exam, best of luck in their endeavour to take admission to the dream Engineering college.