Tips To Make Your Child’s Childhood Magical
Children are the dearest one to every parent. In the entire world, there is no one who loves and cares a child, more than his or her parents. Every parent dream of making their child’s life happy and beautiful since early days of his life. And no can argue that raising children of character demands time and big effort. It is not an easy process, you have to go through a lot and sacrifice many things. You don’t need any expensive private tutors to raise your kids. If you are looking for tips to provide your child a magical childhood, here are some tips that can help you. Keep on reading them.
Give Your Child Time
Being the newest one in the world, there is no one as close to a child other than his parents. Thus your child needs your attention and time.
- Helps You In Making A Strong Bond: Unless you provide him the right amount of time, you cannot make a great bond with your child. Later you might feel guilty in your life and may lead to depression. A parent and child can spend long days together yet the parent’s attention may be divided and the child’s frustration builds as they yearn for the love they feel and when they know they truly become the center of their parent’s world for a short or longer period of time.
- Child Can Form His World: Carving out time won’t always be easy in your busy life and can take some planning but it is of great value to the parent-child relationship and the bond gets deeper too. Your child will learn about forming their world and forming their self-image and sense of themselves their world through the reflection of what you give them through your days.
- Spend An Hour Or Two Every day: However, if you are unable to carve out some time for your child. Then try to spend a couple of hours every week or at least ten to fifteen minutes in a day would be enough and you would see that there is a great magic when you shift your attention into the world of your child.
When you truly surrender everything and enter into the world of your child even for few minutes, you really listen to what your child is saying. As your child will get full attention, they will draw from you whatever they need to learn which will help them grow, strengthen themselves and develop their full potential.
Play with Your Child
While children do not need time to play alone and with other children without any adult intervention, many research says that playing with parents is also important. Children always crave time with parents.
You should encourage yourself to find time to play with your children. Playtime means letting your child sit in his room and or play area and to actively engage with stimulating toys while you help him explore their possibilities.
- Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity and physical, cognitive and emotional strength.
- Playing is also important for healthy brain development of your child. While pretending to play, ask your child to develop a theme of the game. Get in their world and let them go with it. Ask questions and play along and be silly along with them and have fun.
- Try to avoid over-stimulation and stop it at the right time. Play outdoors, push them on swings, make mud pies, go hiking with them, play board games, card games and help them learn how to take turns and how to win or lose.
- Now, if you play with your child then it would be great fun for him and he can try out new forms of games without any fear. Taking them to playing will also help them socialize with other children.
- Playing with your kids builds a bond that will last forever. It lets the child know that he or she is loved and appreciated. It opens the doors for sharing problems and concerns when the need arises. It will also help you to get to know the uniqueness of your child.
It is always said that family that plays together stays together.
Go For An Outing With Your Child
There is an old saying that a family that plays together, stays together. Spending quality time with your child is paramount in building a stronger relationship with them. Outings make everyone happy. Take your child to an outing in order to introduce him to the new things.
- You can take them a concert or the ballet, exposing your child to art will nurture your children’s mind and spirit. Along with the dance and music, they will learn many valuable things such as how to behave in a performance environment.
- You can also take them to Children’s Museum as they are perfect for little ones as they represent hands-on, experiential learning.
- Go on a science trail with your child as it is perfect for both nature study and physical education, hiking is an ideal education outing.
- You can also take them to farm as it is a good destination for you and your child. Give them the idea about how food actually grows and how it comes to store and increase their appreciation of nature.
Children learn about different things and profession, idea and opportunities when they travel outside their neighbourhood. An outing with your child will make him feel that he has a value in your life and a desire will awaken in him to try new things and pursue the previously unconsidered dreams.
Tell Your Kid Their Birth Story
As kids are always pretty keen to know their birth stories. They always remain curious to know their birth stories, how they used to look in their adolescence. Each birth and each adoption are different and it is important to give your child as much information as possible. Some families with open adoption may be able to tell their children about being in the hospital while they were born, while other families may tell their children what they were doing during the time of birth. They will surely enjoy it.
Praise Your Kid’s Performance
Always recognize when your kid does something new on his own or he performs well. This will boost the self-esteem of your kid and give him the confidence to try out something new. Keep in mind that you do not overpraise the, do it in a right amount. A lot of parents struggle with finding the right balance when it comes to praising their kids. But most important is that, is it the quantity that matters or the quality of the praise? While it has no secret formula and expert says that by understanding the when, where and how of praising is an important tool.
- Giving a heaping portion of praise, parents think that they are building their sense of self, while it might just be the opposite. While many parents believe that by praising their kids they improve their self-esteem which in case, is true but how and how much you praise your kids that matters.
- Too much praise can backfire and make your kids afraid to try new things or take risks due to the fear of not being able to stay on top where their parents’ praise has put them.
- A child needs a parental approval all the time and constantly look to the parent for validation, but do not go too far with it. So the quality of the praise is more important than the quality.
- And if your kid fails to accomplish any task, in spite of scolding him, praise him by saying that failure is the key to success rather. You should try to recognize your child’s effort and push themselves and work hard to achieve the efforts.
- It is the process that matters not the product. For example, if your child is not a good basketball player but he is always out there every day, shooting baskets, making efforts, running drills then you should praise his efforts to boost his self-esteem regardless his team loses or wins.
- Praising the effort and not the outcome also means that you have recognised your child’s effort.
Everyone thinks they know the best way of parenting, but it is not a one-size-fits-all. Now, you know these things can make your child happy and healthy together. These will make your child’s childhood certainly a magical one and your parenting experience an everlasting experience.
Be First to Comment