Know Why Hand Washing Is Important For Your Child
Being the dearest one, every parent wants to provide a happy and healthy life e to their children. Hand washing plays a crucial role to provide this happy and healthy life. About 1.5 million children die in developing countries due to diseases that are rooted in hygiene and sanitation. Kids are vulnerable, and hygiene plays a very important role when it comes to good health. But here we are talking about kids. Kids are always on the go, they just love to play with mud and ash and go exploring reaching and touching everything and anything. They are totally confident in picking up a ball from a dirty drain or rolling on the dirt, whenever they find a chance. It looks cute but those little palms and tiny fingers are filled with dirt and carry numerous germs that can take away the gleeful smile of your little one. Most of the viruses and germs come in our body through hand via food. Thus, using hand wash is important to check the influence and entrance of viruses in our body. If you teach your child benefits of hand washing at an early stage then you can help your child in a great way. If you want to know the benefit of hand washing for your child then keep on reading.
Keeps Germs Away
Hand washes are basically disinfectant, which helps to keep germs away from the hands. If you teach your child hand washing daily.
- Hand washing is one of the most important things you and your children can do to prevent diseases from spreading.
- Not washing hands or not washing them properly is an underlying cause in about half of all outbreaks of food-borne diseases like diarrhoea around the world.
- In addition, about a quarter of respiratory infections like cold and flu are caused by unwashed or poorly washed hands. Not washing the hands also contributes to the spread of eye diseases such as trachoma and skin infections such as impetigo.
- Worldwide, it is estimated that regular hand washing could save about one million lives every year, from diseases like diarrhoea and respiratory infections. As children are most likely to die from these infections, many of the lives saved would be children’s lives.
Provides Healthy Life
Every parent wants to provide and happy and healthy life to their children. Viruses and diseases are only thrones that can prevent parents to achieve their aim. Thus it is very much important to teach your child importance of hand washing every day.
- The most common disease that occurs due to unhygienic activities of the kids is diarrhoea.
- Providing Hygienic practices such as hand washing with soap can reduce the risk of diarrhoea by half. With diarrhoea being the second biggest killer of children under five years old worldwide, Global Hand washing Day on 15 October is a day dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of hand washing with soap as an easy, effective and affordable way to prevent diseases and save lives.
- 1,400 children die every day from diarrhoea caused by unsafe water, poor sanitation and lack of hygiene.
- Hand washing can save lives. Good hygiene prevents diarrhoea and can prevent under-nutrition. When poor hygiene is practiced, diseases spread fast. Simply by washing hands with soap and water after going to the toilet and before preparing food or eating, people can avoid life-threatening water-related diseases.
- Hand washing alone could cut the risk of diarrhoea almost in half, saving hundreds of children’s lives every day.
Makes Your Kids Aware Of Hygiene
As you send your little one out into the world, the realization that you are not always going to be around them when they go to school or when they grow older hits you like lightning. With your wet wipes, sanitizer and frequent trips to the washroom, you have guarded them with your soul to make sure you keep infections at bay. But the time will soon come when your baby has to have a basic idea of hygiene on their own. At this point, not only should you teach them how to be hygienic but also give them enough information that will make them motivated to be clean, even in your absence.
- Teach Them About Hand Hygiene: Hygiene is a very much important element in order to achieve healthy and happy life. An unhygienic kid can’t achieve the desire of his life. Effective hand hygiene is the single most important strategy in preventing healthcare-associated infections. Hand hygiene is a general term referring to any action of hand cleansing and includes washing of hand with soap and water or a hand wash either antimicrobial or non-microbial or apply a waterless antimicrobial hand rub to the surface of the hand.
- Make It A Routine: When performed correctly hand hygiene results in a reduction of microorganisms on hand. Teaching about hand hygiene to your children will help them a lot in reducing germs and keeping them healthy. Children are always on a go and are seems like they have no time to wash their hand. Sometimes the hands of the children don’t appear dirty and they don’t feel the urge of washing them but bugs may be there which can’t be seen with the naked eye. Allow your kids to see you go about your daily routine.
- Make Them Learn The Importance Of Everything: When you decide that they should consciously be aware of good habits and hygiene, call out the different things you do in your day to day life that you would like them to learn. Ask them to see you brush your teeth so that they understand the rules of brushing. When you wash your hands before a meal, bring it to their attention and tell them why is washing one’s hands before a meal important. When they see you do it, they usually tend to imitate as you are their first role model after all.
Hand washing Helps To Reduce The Use of Antibiotics
Outbreaks of infectious diseases, caused by harmful pathogens, can be traced back centuries as the cause of significant morbidity and mortality in humans. The previous century saw two of medicine’s biggest achievements: the introduction of vaccinations to prevent infections and the use of antibiotics to cure infections when they do occur.
- Preventing and curing infections remain key goals of medicine in providing optimal health for a population. But growing antibiotic resistance and community-acquired infections are on the rise. It’s important to take a closer look at these growing trends.
- Nowadays due to frequent change in temperature and atmosphere, kids are getting various diseases. These rises in the number of diseases are leading to a rise in consumption of antibiotics. There are some antibiotics that can cause serious after effects on the health of your baby.
- Antibiotics can cause significant changes in our body. Because many infections are caused by viruses, antibiotics are often unnecessary. When we take antibiotics by mouth, they may kill the bacteria causing a troubling or painful infection, yes, but they can also kill the desired “good bacteria,” too. This is a side effect all antibiotics carry.
- Often we witness this in our children by changes in their poop, after a course of antibiotics they get really runny poop or diarrhoea or it will smell entirely different. You really are witnessing the change of colonies in their intestines when you see this.
Sometimes antibiotics are absolutely necessary and life-saving. But recent research has found that antibiotics are prescribed in 1 out of 5 paediatric acute-care visits. And of the 49 million prescriptions for antibiotics given annually, some researchers estimate that 10 million of those are unnecessary. Avoiding those unnecessary courses is up to all of us–parents and clinicians. Thus it is not good to take antibiotics until the doctor is prescribing. Hand washing can help your child to check the growth of the disease.
- Hand washing can help your child to keep him away from germs, provide him a healthy life and make him aware of hygiene. Well, now you know why hand washing is important for your child.
- Washing and drying your hands is a simple preventative measure that can be taken to help stave off illness. The healthier you are, the less likely you will have to go for expensive medical treatment at a hospital or emergency care clinic.
- Using a bar of soap to wash your child’s hands is an inexpensive means of preserving your health and the health of those around you.
- Teach your child to perform hand washing on daily basis, so as to provide healthy and happy life to your child.
Hand washing can help your child to keep him away from germs, provide him a healthy life and make him aware of hygiene. Well, now you know why hand washing is important for your child. Perform hand washing on daily basis, so as to provide healthy and happy life to your child.
Be First to Comment