The musculoskeletal system is one of the body’s most important systems as it maintains posture and holds our weight. Sudden injuries deteriorate the function of the bones and muscles, affect the individual’s stability and walking, making it challenging to live like this. The orthopedic ailment affects the day-to-day life activities and deteriorates the person’s condition.
To overcome the orthopedic burden of disease, India has adopted advanced technologies and has a well-established infrastructure, including rehabilitation centers for treating various types of orthopedic ailments.
Selecting the right orthopedics is also necessary for getting the best treatment. This blog will delve into the best orthopedics surgeon in India who has achieved remarkable milestones in treating orthopedic ailments.
What do you understand about orthopedic surgeries?
Orthopedic surgery is a procedure used to treat diseases related to the bones. Orthopedics procedures are done to cure the condition of the musculoskeletal system.
The musculoskeletal system of our body is responsible for walking, stability of the body, standing, holding our weight, and maintaining posture.
Irrespective of injuries and trauma, there are various causes of orthopedic issues:
- Genetic abnormalities and congenital conditions,
- Diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system
- Degenerative conditions such as arthritis
- Aging-related conditions such as osteoporosis
- Bone tumors
- Injuries include fractures, dislocations, and ligament strains/tears (e.g., falls, sports, car crashes, burns, etc.)
- Birth-related trauma.
What are the Procedures involved in Orthopedic Surgeries?
The disease might be present from birth or may be due to injury or age-related wear and tear. Various types of orthopedic surgeries are available depending on the types of diseases.
Some of the procedures performed by the best orthopedic surgeons in India are:
- ACL Reconstruction Surgery: This procedure is done to treat torn ACL. People with chronic knee joint instability or those injured and unable to resume their desired activity level might consider this operation. During surgery, a graft replaces the injured ACL; this tendon is often taken from the patient’s hamstring, patellar, or donor tendon.
- Hip Replacement Surgery: A hip replacement treatment involves carefully removing a painful hip joint with joint inflammation and replacing it with an artificial hip joint frequently made from metal and plastic components. It is often used when all other therapeutic alternatives have failed to relieve pain adequately.
- Knee Replacement Surgery: Patients may need a total or partial knee replacement procedure depending on how extensive the damage is. Both are brought on by knee ligament damage, which restricts movement and causes pain. This may be a result of an injury, bursitis brought on by tiresome developments or fat.
- Knee Arthroscopy: Knee arthroscopy is a thorough operation that can identify and treat issues with the knee joint. During the process, the doctor will create a minimal incision in the knee and insert a tiny camera known as an arthroscope. They can use a screen to view inside the joint as a result. The physician could next examine a knee problem and, if necessary, resolve it using tiny equipment inside the arthroscope.
What is the Average Cost of Orthopedic Procedures in India?
India can provide the best and most cost-effective services to treat various types of orthopedic diseases.
The cost of Orthopedics Surgery in India depends on factors like:
- Type of treatment,
- Hospital location and services,
- Severity of Disease,
- Doctor’s Experience
- Number of Follow-ups required
- Cost of medication
- Hospital stay
- Cost of food and accommodations; if the patient is international
Depending upon the above factors, the average cost of Orthopedic Procedures in India is:
- The minimum orthopedic surgery cost in India is INR 1,80,000
- The maximum orthopedic surgery cost in India is INR 2,50,000
Who are the Best Orthopedic Surgeons in India?
India offers the best medical experts trained by recognized institutions who can successfully perform complex orthopedic surgical procedures.
Dr. Shreyash Gajjar:
- Dr. Shreyash Gajjar is a well-renowned and highly skilled Orthopedics and Joint replacement surgeon in India with an experience of more than 20 years.
- He has successfully performed over 3500+ cases, including over 3,000 arthroscopic surgeries.
- He first performed a live demonstration surgery of Arthroscopic Autologous Cartilage Repair in India.
- Dr. Shreyash’s expertise lies in Arthroscopic Shoulder, Knee, Ankle, Hip, Wrist Ligament, Reconstruction and Cartilage Surgery, Knee Arthroscopic, Frozen Shoulder Arthroscopic Surgery of Ankle, Hip, Elbow & Wrist Ligament Tear, Cartilage Injury Deformity, Knee Osteotomy, Patello-Femoral Disorders Joint Replacement Surgery, ACL, PCL, Multi-ligament Knee Reconstructions, etc.
Dr. Prthvi Mohandas:
- Dr. Prithivi Mohandas is a well-known and recognized Orthopedic Specialist in India.
- He has been in this field for more than 20 years.
- He has expertise in treating various types of orthopedics disorders and has expertise in knee replacement surgery, hip replacement surgery, ACL, PCL, etc.
- Dr. Vijay is known for being one of India’s best minimally invasive replacement doctors.
Dr. Atul Mishra:
- Dr. Atul Mishra is a well-known and highly experienced Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Specialist in India.
- He has been in this field for over 23 years and has performed over 5000 successful knee surgeries, including joint Replacements and Arthroscopies.
- Dr. Atul has excellent clinical experience in dealing with complex cases of Sports injuries through Arthroscopy and cases of Joint Replacement Surgery.
- He also has expertise in treating Hip Resurfacing BHR, High Flex Knee Replacement, Arthritis Management, Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI), Cemented Total Hip Replacement, etc.
Dr. Ashok Rajgopal:
- Dr. Ashok Rajgopal is a most experienced and highly skilled medical expert as an Orthopedist.
- He has been in this field for over 32 years and successfully performed 25,000 Total Knee Replacement surgeries.
- Dr. Ashok is an expert in sports medicine and treated many renowned sportspersons.
- He was the first to perform Bilateral Total Knee Replacement Surgery, MIS Unicompartmental surgery, and total knee replacement using Patient-specific Instrumentation in India.
Dr. C Vijay Bose:
- Dr. C Vijay Bose is a well-known and experienced Orthopedic Surgeon in India.
- He has an experience of more than 31 years and also successfully treated more than 1100 patients from North America.
- Dr. Vijay has expertise in orthopedics procedures like hip reconstructive surgery in Avascular necrosis ( AVN), Ankylosing spondylitis, partial knee replacements /high-performance oxonium knee replacement, and shoulder resurfacing surgery.
- He is well known for his remarkable inventions, such as the coaxial stitch technique for accurate limb length adjustments while performing surgery and the reciprocal method of tibial plateau resection in TKR.
The best orthopedic surgeons in India have made significant contributions that have imprinted their names in the record of medical history thanks to their constant dedication, extraordinary skill, and groundbreaking work. Their dedication to promoting orthopedics and improving patient lives highlights the nation’s status as a center for top-notch medical care. The future of orthopedic care in India appears incredibly hopeful as these doctors continue to innovate and push limits.